Technically importing demo contents are multiple processes which download media files from demo server to your server.
So we are using the most completed importer script available in the market. However if there is some limited setting on your server which stop importing processes when it reaches certain level of server resources usage. It’s related to your server limitation.
Normally we can try to find other workaround for you to see if it works by using other plugin to manually import content first then try to import all media files later. To see if it’s working.
But these workaround required your WordPress login information so we can try to do it for you. Please submit your question on Please also add a link to your site as well as the login credentials when opening the ticket, so we can install theme and demo content for you.
Import Error with “cURL error 28 resolving time out”
The “http_request_failed” error with “cURL error 28 resolving time out” usually indicates that WordPress is not able to connect to the server because the request is taking too long to complete. This can be caused by a number of issues, including server connectivity problems, incorrect server settings, or network connectivity issues.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve this issue:
- Increase the request timeout: Try increasing the timeout limit for requests in your WordPress site by adding the following line to your site’s wp-config.php file:
define( 'WP_HTTP_TIMEOUT', 180 );
This will increase the request timeout to 180 seconds.
- Disable security plugins: If you have any security plugins installed on your WordPress site, try temporarily disabling them to see if they are causing the issue.
- Contact your hosting provider: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact your hosting provider and ask them to check if there are any connectivity issues with the server.
- Check DNS settings: If you are using a custom domain, check that your DNS settings are correct and up-to-date.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the “http_request_failed” error with “cURL error 28 resolving time out” in WordPress.
Import Error with cURL error 6: Could not resolve host”
The error message “http_request_failed – cURL error 6: Could not resolve host” in WordPress typically means that the system is unable to connect to the remote server.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the DNS settings: The issue may be with your DNS settings. Check if your DNS settings are correct. You can try changing your DNS server or flushing the DNS cache.
- Check the firewall settings: Your firewall may be blocking the connection. Disable the firewall temporarily and see if it resolves the issue.
- Check the PHP cURL extension: Check if the PHP cURL extension is installed and enabled on your server. If it is not installed or enabled, you can ask your web host to install or enable it.
- Check the SSL certificate: Check if the SSL certificate is valid and not expired. You can also try disabling SSL verification temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
- Check the server logs: Check the server logs for any errors or issues that may be causing the connection problem.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can try reaching out to your web host or the support forum for WordPress for further assistance.
Please contact your webhosting provider and ask them to check if your server firewall blocks above hosts. Thank you.