First please login to your WordPress Dashboard. Go to WordPress Dashboard > Portfolios > Add New Portfolio
Enter portfolio title, excerpt, featured image and you can assign this portfolio item to portfolio category too.
To upload featured image. Select images you want to upload as featured image for this portfolio post. Once you finish upload it will automatically attach to this post and click “Update” to save changes.
Be default, when user click on portfolio item. It will open a single portfolio page which you can customsie its content from editing portfolio content page. However you can also select other content types for portfolio post as well.
- If you select “Vimeo Video” or “Fullscreen Vimeo Video” video type, you have to enter Vimeo video ID ex. “27299211”.
- If you select “Youtube Video” or “Fullscreen Youtube Video” video type, you have to enter Youtube video ID ex. “cdygEzfbhqc”.
- If you select “Self-Hosted Video” or “Fullscreen Self-Hosted Video” type, you have to enter your video URL (.mp4 or .flv file format).
- If you select “External Link”, you have to enter “External Link URL”. So when visitor click on this portfolio, they will be redirected to this URL.
- If you select “Image”, you have upload portfolio image using “set featured image” box.
- If you select “Portfolio Content”, you can add HTML, text or using Content Builder to add portfolio content. So when visitor click on this portfolio, they will be redirected to portfolio single page with its content.
Organise Portfolio by Categories
If you want to categorise portfolio items by categories. You can do that easily.
- Open WordPress Dashboard > Menus > Portfolio Categories. You will see list of for portfolio categories you have.
- If you don’t have any, please create one first so you can assign project items to it. For example create “Wedding” sectors.
- Now back to edit menu page. Look at “Portfolio Categories” box and you will see list of your current menu categories. Check one you want to assign to item to and save changes.
Add portfolio widget to a page using Elementor
Go to WordPress Dashboard > Pages > Add New and enter page title.
Click “Edit with Elementor” button to open Elementor Page Builder.
You will open a Elementor page builder. On the left sidebar.
To add portfolio widget. Click on search bar on the left sidebar widget box. Then type “Portfolio” it will shows all portfolio widgets. You can drag widget you want to add to the main content area on right side.
Customise a single porfolio page using Elementor
When you are on editing portfolio item page. Click “Edit with Elementor” button to open Elementor Page Builder.
You will open a Elementor page builder. On the left sidebar. You can drag widgets you want to add to main single portfolio contents on the right side.
Import Single Portfolio Template
You can import demo mega menu by clicking on template button.
It will open a popup box. Click on “Pages” tab and filter only “Single Portfolio” using search option. Then select the template you want to import by clicking “Insert” button.
Elementor will ask to connect Elementor to your website. You have to create Elementor account and connect it to your website within this process (If you have already connected to Elementor. You can skip this step).
Once it’s imported successfully. You can customize its contents using Elementor.